Hello Alpha's mission is affordable. accessible healthcare from experts in Women's Health.
Hello Alpha is seeking a Sr. People Operations Manager with a passion for team collaboration and improving the way people access healthcare today. The Sr. People Operations Manager will work collaboratively under the supervision of the Chief Administrative Officer and a strong focus on supporting People Operations processes across the organization.
As a Sr. People Operations Manager, you will be part of a small but mighty support services team that’s focused on identifying departmental needs and implementing scalable processes. You will work with stakeholders from various departments, assist with training and development programs, reviewing and suggesting policy updates as compared to market trends. You will have ownership of benefits, leave administration, and HRIS system administration.
Benefits include: 401(k) match, paid health, dental and vision insurance, holidays, sick leave, vacation, parental leave, and a stock option plan.
We are mission-driven - We’re changing the paradigm of healthcare for patients who are historically underrepresented due to sex, race, gender, language, economic status, location, disability, and other diverse backgrounds. We empower our Primary Care Providers with a foundation in women’s health to administer patient-centered care throughout a woman’s lifespan.
We put patients first - We prioritize what’s best for our patients. We do whatever it takes to provide excellent care and empower patients to take control of their health.
One team, One Dream - We work together as a team to bring to life our vision of a more just healthcare system. We trust each other, communicate openly and honestly. We give credit where it is due, provide opportunities for employee growth and development, assume good intentions, and celebrate our wins as a team.
Diversity is at our core - Alpha exists to bring a more accessible, equitable system to care for the whole woman regardless of age, income, and location. We are inclusive, welcoming, and value different perspectives.
We are data-driven - Alphanauts love data and value facts over opinions. We use evidence-based science to highlight the clinical value of our mission.
We are proactive and positive - Alphanauts learn by doing and address challenges without waiting or worrying about their scope. We are pragmatic and value progress over perfection. We are optimistic and believe in the power of positivity.Responsibilities
- Lead our company culture and performance management processes.
- Serve as a link between leadership and Alphanauts by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Own, maintain, and continually enhance the new employee onboarding program with a focus on helping new teammates understand and start living Alpha’s values as quickly as possible.
- Own, maintain and continually update HRIS systems underpinning onboarding, payroll and offboarding processes.
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance for People Operations activities such as employee benefits, leaves of absence, compliance, payroll, compensation, policy & process explanation, etc.
- Assists with new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Maintain knowledge of our benefit plans, programs, and initiatives. Partner with benefits broker to assist in the annual benefits renewal process and host our open enrollment session annually. Provide support on creation of benefits and perks administration.
- Manage employee leave of absence administration and compliance, ensuring that applicable laws are followed. Stay abreast of new laws regarding leaves.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommend best practices; review policies and practices on an annual basis. Complete mandatory reporting, as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in all areas of focus within people operations.
- Manage employee records, supporting documentation, tracking of employee data, and employment verifications.
- Contribute to new projects and initiatives and assist in long term programs across all of people operations.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute people operations programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development;
- Handles employment-related inquiries from employment verifications, applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in people operations, talent management, and employment law within the respective states Alpha has employees in.
You Should Have These Skills:
- Proven work experience as a Human Resources Manager or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Management Software (including payroll systems and ATS). We work with Rippling, 15Five and others; comfort learning new technology is a plus.
- Solid understanding of labor legislation across the US
- Excellent communication abilities
- Superb conflict resolution skills
- Ability to foster healthy employee relations
- Seeking a fast-paced environment with high growth potential
- Communicate professionally, tactfully, and kindly while maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Being an ambitious and quick learner, willing to provide insight and recommendations for improvement quickly
- Customer-service mindset - happy to help any employee with any question or task, no matter how big or how small. Focus on ensuring the employee experience is top notch at all times.
- Experience recruiting is a plus.
Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.Teaching Others How To Do Something.
Complex Problem Solving Skills
Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making
Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Resource Management Skills
- Management of Personnel Resources
Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Management of Financial Resources
Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
Desktop Computer Skills
Using a computer application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
Using a computer application to create, manipulate, edit, and show virtual slide presentations.
Using scroll bars, a mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer's operating system. Being able to access and switch between applications and files of interest.
Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs
We anticipate the following Physical Demands for this Role:
Alpha is fully remote, which means you will be expected to use our technology package to access our systems. The employee will be expected to frequently Stand; Walk; Sit; talk and hear.
Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment
the employee is occasionally expected to lift up to 10 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision; Distance vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception; Ability to adjust focus;
Powered by JazzHR