Who we’re looking for
Role: Career Advisor
Location: Work from Home in Calgary, AB
Like WCG, you believe in the power of work to transform lives. Career Advisors are passionate client supporters as they assist clients to progress along their career continuum. As a Career Advisor you will ensure successful outcomes for the client while ensuring all contract deliverables are achieved. You will also work towards developing positive relationships with clients while also encouraging, motivating, and supporting clients to achieve sustainable employment, further training, and increased independence as appropriate for each client. You will be a key ongoing contact for the client and ensure seamless service is provided to them.
As a Career Advisor you will provide superior client-centric services to support clients with resume writing, interview preparation, building skills, confidence, and abilities to achieve and maintain sustainable employment or attend further training.
What you’ll do
- Interview/assess potential clients to determine eligibility, acceptance, job readiness and appropriate stream of service.
- Provide information about service objectives and expectations for client participation while in service.
- Collaborate with the clients to develop service plans, in line with policy.
- Manage assigned client case files in Mobius and organizational database, including, documentation on client eligibility determination, and recording client progress and results.
- Support and monitor progress for each client by reviewing the client’s progress and comparing it against the client’s Service Plan, verify client engagement, ensure documentation requirements are being completed, and perform general oversight activities.
- Collaborate with other organizations as necessary to coordinate a client’s Service Plan activities, exposure course needs, and financial support.
- Refer clients to external community resources as required and follow up on referrals as appropriate.
- Provide services in a manner that is welcoming, safe, professional, and ensures that client privacy is protected.
What you bring
- Post-secondary certificate, degree, or diploma in a relevant field (e.g., career or employment development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, psychology, sociology, human services, counselling, education, or human resources management) or related experience
- 2-years of demonstrated experience in coaching and mentoring clients, working with individuals from diverse community agencies and other stakeholders
- Experience working with Persons with Disabilities and/or high barrier clients
- Successful track record of helping clients overcome challenges to employment
- Able to manage stressful situations in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, creative, and able to adapt quickly to changing requirements and targets
- Knowledge of local labour market, community resources, government programs, job search techniques, career development
- Career Development Practitioner (CDP) certification considered an asset
- Must be able to provide a criminal record check
What we offer
- Competitive salary of $60,000 per year
- Comprehensive and flexible health and dental benefits
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Generous time off policy to encourage work/life balance
- A diverse and inclusive workplace with a track record of high employee engagement and teamwork
Passion and Lived Experience Matter!
If you don’t quite have the above credentials but feel passionate about this role and your ability to do it successfully, please APPLY ANYWAY! Tell us in your application why you believe you would be a great fit. We believe in developing talent and have a wide range of opportunities to support passionate team members as they grow towards their employment goals.
WCG is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to achieving a workplace that is equitable and representative of Canada’s diverse population. We actively work to attract, develop, and retain employees from diverse and equity-deserving backgrounds who have exceptional ability and the desire to make a difference. We continuously strive to support individual needs and differences in a work environment that is built on inclusivity and respect for everyone.
WCG is committed to providing an accessible, barrier free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation in advance of any part of the recruitment and selection process.