Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
What Is In It For You
- Discounted Hotel Rooms and Food & Beverage rates to employees at our sister properties around the globe.
- We provide learning programs through our Academies to promote growth and development so that you can perform at your full potential
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Planet 21 and WATCH
As a team builder, the Director supports all leaders and colleagues within the hotel, ensuring company policies, Fairmont San Francisco operating and service standards are followed, colleague engagement is high and financial goals are met. You will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, initiatives, activities, and staff of the Talent & Culture department, ensuring legal and labor compliance and implementation of the mission and talent strategy. You are self-motivated, take ownership of driving your own performance and thrive on being trusted in how you do your job as an expert in what you do best, while also having the appetite to learn how to do new things. You work brilliantly with colleagues across the hotel to ensure we are one team delivering a seamless and memorable colleague and guest experience!What You Will Be Doing
- You will lead and oversee the day-to-day operation of the Talent & Culture Department and collaborate with senior leadership on the implementation of the human resources strategy
- You promote positive Colleague relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust, mutual respect and fun
- You play an integral role in the Executive Committee, with a particular emphasis on coaching, support, colleague relations and overseeing all aspects of administration and reporting.
- You provide Human Resources strategic support to the Executive Committee and implements policies and procedures in alignment with the company's mission and values.
- You empower and assist Departmental Leaders and Senior Managers with the development of specific action plans to address issues and concerns identified in colleague feedback
- You oversee the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leaves; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- You collaborates on development of annual Talent & Culture budget and manages day to day expenses and month end reporting and forecasting of Talent & Culture accounts.
- You conduct research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resources information system (HRIS) and talent management system.
- You oversee and manage all recruitment in accordance with company policies and procedures
- You monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- You are constantly challenging the status quo and thinking about how we can improve the way we do things to create an even better guest and colleague experience
- You are self-motivated and take ownership for driving your own performance; thriving on being trusted and being given freedom in how you do your job
- You handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
- You handle labor relations matters including grievance, mediations, arbitrations and union negotiations
- You empower and assist with all colleague events
- You ensure compliance with Accor/Fairmont policy and local legislation in all aspects of the human resources function
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Human Resources leadership capacity, preferably within the hospitality industry. Understanding of hotel operations is an asset
- Working knowledge of CBA agreements is required
- University/college degree or diploma required; Formal education or certification in Human Resources Management an asset
- Previous experience with benefit administration and employee wellness and safety initiatives
- Proven organizational skills, works well on own initiative and as a team, able to set and meet deadlines with quality results
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Self-confident and able to communicate easily with all levels of an organization from line colleagues to Executives
- Constant standing throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United StatesOur Commitment To Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Claremont Club & Spa is an Equal Employment Oppourtunity Employer EEOE M/F/V/DSalary:
$170,000 to $220,000 USD annually