Learning and Development, Associate
About the role:
Working in close collaboration with the wholesale banking business leads and human resources, you will manage the design, ongoing refinement, and execution of the Americas Early Career programs.
The Early Career program in the Americas is a formal learning and development program for analysts and associates across multiple business lines to establish a foundational training plan to support career growth and progression at our client.
The ideal candidate has a passion for career development and training, strong organizational skills, and experience managing early career programs within financial services.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Executing all program milestones including onboarding, training plan, as well as continuous improvement of the program.
- Partner with the wholesale banking leadership teams and representatives from the business to ensure clear, timely communication on expectations and deliverables.
- Serving as the main point of contact for any challenges or concerns related to the program that the early group cohort faces.
- Coordination and logistics management of all learning initiatives for the early career program including but not limited to trainings, internal lunch and learns, management roundtables, etc.
- Identifying future skills requirements and develop a comprehensive learning plan, partnering with HR and the business, and managing training vendors and sourcing new vendors when needed.
- Matching the cohort with buddies to facilitate smooth onboarding and ensure adaptation of the buddy program.
- Establishing formal mentoring program for the Early Careers group.
- Managing training records, and calendar of events for ongoing build out and management of program.
- Managing the budget allocated to the training program and liaise with leadership and finance on all related topics.
- Working with Corporate Communications and Recruitment on establishing employer brand and marketing strategy for the Early Career Program.
- Supporting recruitment team with campus and analyst recruitment cycle and events (including information sessions and other recruitment activities).
- Supporting the HR team with summer intern learning activities, social events, and networking
- Building strong relationships across the firm, including with business leads, as well as the early career cohort.
- Ensuring that our client maintains a competitive offering for junior talent by staying updated on trends and market practice.
Qualifications and Competencies
- At least 3 years of experience working in HR or L&D within financial services (early career programs a plus)
- Knowledge of learning and development concepts
- Event and logistics management experience
- Experience managing vendor relationships and budgets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and stakeholder management skills
- Self-starter with an attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Recruitment experience would be a plus