WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The Coordinator, Learning & Development (L&D) with an emphasis on Leadership Development, is responsible for planning, monitoring, development, and delivery of CapMetro’s training programs that assure compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational objectives. This individual will develop and lead programs and initiatives to build, scale, and reimagine leadership development at CapMetro. Ensure that employees are effectively trained and motivated to provide the highest quality of service possible. Utilizing acquired knowledge and skills, the Coordinator, L&D is responsible to ensure the instructional curriculum is designed and updated to meet all mandated standards including all programs related to leadership performance and engagement.Responsibilities
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Note: The duties and primary responsibilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- Build and execute programs that create a measurable impact on leadership performance and engagement while collaborating across the People and Culture function.
- Help build an inspiring, authentic, and continuously evolving leadership culture at all levels of the organization focused on skills and capabilities needed to drive growth and transformation in a fast-paced environment.
- Build, manage, and measure the impact of leadership programs using industry best practices.
- Maintain vendor relationships and project manage all aspects of content development and program design, delivery, and evaluation to meet the highest levels of learning design.
- Partner with the wider learning team, and other stakeholders to proactively identify areas where leadership development is required and design and deliver leadership programs and resources to meet those needs.
- Define metrics, analyze data, and report on the impact of leadership development programs; deliver results to senior leadership and iterate on programs where needed, when necessary
- Be a thought leader and strong advocate for learning and development to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Enable leaders to engage and develop their teams by leveraging systems (Oracle) and providing guidance, resources, and tools to self-serve.
- Deliver and develop training according to established instructional standards, programs, and methods.
- Facilitate all activities related to the delivery of training - arrangement and preparation of materials, classrooms, and equipment as well as administrative requirements.
- Function as a project leader and subject matter expert in the development of various content areas for training programs.
- Provide guidance and direction to new employees regarding organizational and operational processes.
- Effectively deliver training that meets regulatory and safety requirements for employees that work in safety sensitive environments.
- Maintain all required qualifications and certifications to deliver training according to state and federal requirements. Is responsible for the efficient management of the training records and the enrollment process of the training program.
- Provide necessary analytical training data as required and perform duties as necessary to meet the department goals and objectives.
- Participate in a proactive role to aid in the prevention of train accidents, employee and passenger injuries and increase customer satisfaction.
- Support Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by ensuring staff follows safety and security policies, considers safety in every action, and ensures safety and security concerns are reported.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, human resources or a related field, or an equivalent combination of work experience, training, and education in lieu of a degree.
- Six (6) years of relevant experience, preferably in training & development or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of a comprehensive training and testing program with proven results.
- Master’s degree in training, education, instructional design, or a related field is preferred.
- Strong presentation skills, including written and oral communications.
- Proven facilitations skills.
- Ability to influence others, including peers, partners, and leaders, to identify and deliver effective learning solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to build strong partnerships and relationships to service training needs of organization.
- Ability to perform as an effective team player and assume role of team leader as needed.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communication skills, including writing, speaking, negotiation and presentation/platform skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in writing, presentation, meeting and facilitation skills, interpersonal communication, time management, conflict resolution and investigation skills.
- Proficient in using business and communications software including Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Oracle, and other modules as needed.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Ability and willingness to deliver training during non-traditional hours as needed.
Minimal travel may be required.WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. This position works with multiple project timelines and is responsible for managing employees performing work of a complex nature.
Incumbent must be able to stand and sit frequently throughout an eight-hour period, reach vertically for overhead use and horizontally. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. Incumbents must be able to lift and move material weighing up to 20 lbs., perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day, and function in an environment with constant interruptions.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions as previously described.Mobility Status
As a Mobile
position, the incumbent is expected to work in the office as needed. There will be access to touchdown/collaboration spaces when on site. Must be in-office for socialization, strategic collaboration, supervision, oversight, and accountability as needed. CapMetro reserves the right to modify work status based on business needs.About Us
CapMetro is Austin's regional public transportation provider. We've been around since 1985 and work every day to give residents, commuters, and visitors the best possible transit options available to match their busy everyday lives.
We're always on the move, connecting people with jobs, schools, restaurants, shops, festivals, and other great places to hang out. In fact, we have more than 31 million boardings each year.About The Team
At CapMetro, we work to empower, enhance, and serve the region and its communities through the responsible delivery of safe, reliable, high-quality transportation. We are driven by a culture of Safety, Equity, Transparency, Sustainability, and Innovation
. These values guide us in our daily activities, and decision-making and position us to be a great community partner and to better serve our riders who trust us to get them where they’re going!What’s In It For You
- Work with a diverse, collaborative, and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
- Utilize our free and reduced-fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
- If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Childcare and Learning Center.
…and much more! What You Should Know
CapMetro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. CapMetro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organizational needs at the time.