Torticity is expanding! We’re adding an Instructional Design & Training Manager to our People Operations Team to lead our internal training programs. In this role, you will function as the organization-wide L&D contact and have responsibilities to lead programs throughout the organization. This is a new role within a new functional area. We are looking for someone who has experience and previous successes in this particular role. We need someone who essentially has a framework for what works and can hit the ground running, who has successfully built a Learning & Development function for an organization from the ground up, and who would welcome the opportunity to create a bespoke solution for Torticity.
Please note this is a local hybrid role based in Boca Raton, Florida with three days per week in our Boca Raton location and two days per week working remotely. Local candidates only, please.
• There are 2 important components (1) The bigger picture - assess the organization, meet with Leadership and understand what training they need for their teams (both immediate and ongoing) and build out the appropriate training programs, provide insight and recommendations, determine timeframes, tracking, progress etc. (2) Given the constantly changing needs of the business, pivot as needed and create training programs somewhat ad hoc. We take on new matter types and need the appropriate training to follow. There will be times when we will lean on this role to partner with Ops/Legal and get training done without much lead time.
• Identify and recommend LMS for the organization - we don’t currently have an LMS and will be looking for recommendations on systems that would be best suited for our size organization
• Build and maintain a full suite of training programs for various departments in the organization. Establish a regular cadence of updating and refreshing training materials. Maintain a schedule of training and participation to ensure consistent and accurate information is shared across the organization in a timely fashion.
• Develop a consistent measurement and evaluation approach so we know what's working/what's not
• Implement new and cutting-edge ways to help employees develop, including through coaching, independent and community learning, and audience-focused programming
• Manage and enhance our approach to providing regular performance feedback
• Stay connected to innovations and developments in the field of learning and talent management to utilize best practices and provide fresh solutions
• At least 5+ years of Learning & Development experience in a leadership role
• Degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, Human Resource Management, or related discipline
• Knowledge of instructional design methodologies and tools, including new technologies and modalities
• Experience working with Learning Management Systems and how to leverage them
• Ability to work independently to develop programs, leaning on thought partners and stakeholders when appropriate
• Experience working across cultures and determining both remote and in-person solutions
• Experience collaborating with different business units and internal customers
• Strong facilitation and communication skills - this one is paramount as strong verbal and written communication is essential to the success of this role
• Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Office and LMS
• Previous experience with a start-up, tech company or legal service provider is preferred
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, working diligently with a strong sense of urgency
Torticity is a growing technology-enabled provider of outsourced services for the legal industry, focused on the large and growing mass tort sector. Our Company offers a full spectrum of services designed to meet our customers’ needs and streamline their success. Our committed team strives to help those who have suffered injuries to receive fair and equitable compensation for their damages. Our team is a compassionate, diverse, group of people who are incredibly engaged and focused on our mission.
The Company offers a competitive benefits package plus a flexible PTO plan to our employees. We have a great work environment (both remote and in-person) in a fast-paced industry. We are seeking an individual who is willing and able to be flexible and take on various roles to help move the business forward.
Torticity is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time permanent role
Date Posted: February 2024